I had a horrendous time bfing my first. I had a traumatic birth and she didn't attach or feed well. I ended up with bleeding, cracked and VERY damaged and sore nipples, and struggled alot with bfing for at least 6-8 weeks before I started to remotely think it was a good thing! With DS1, DD had weaned when I fell pg, so it was 9mths til I bf again, and though it wasn't as tough as it was with DD, and DS had wonderful attachment I still got pretty sore nipples for about 2 weeks, I also ended up with a crack in one. With DS2, again he has wonderful attachment, and DS1 weaned fully when I was about 12wks pg, so it has only been about 6mths since bfing. This time around things are much easier. My nipples were a bit tender for a week or so, but fine now (besides a bout of thrush!).
Good luck hun, I hope it's all easy as pie for you both!
Bookmarks