Thread: BFing top- privacy panel??

Question BFing top- privacy panel??

I have been checking out different styles of BFing tops and i really don't get the ones with a 'privacy panel' or a hole where your nipple pokes through (with material over the top). Maybe i'm just unco, but to get them to work, i have to poke my boob out - and end up exposing more skin than if there was no privacy panel thingy.

does anyone else have this prob or am i doing it wrong?

the ones that do work for me have 2 pieces of material that overlap horizontally and one goes below the boob and the top one lifts slightly for bub to get on.

I've got one the same as the one you can get to work, but I've resorted back to two shirts... Singlet top and then a shirt over top... Lift shirt up, pull singlet top down a bit and away we go. Gives privacy, not that I really care cos P has the right to eat, and I can still wear shirts that I like

YEEEEEEESSSSSS! I thought I was just unco! I bought this top pre baby and thought how wonderful it would be but all I managed to do was come out soaked in milk now I either pull it up or down and dont bother with ath silly little booby hole!

HEHEHE such a funny little topic but one close to my heart. I use the BF singlets, that are like the bras with the clip and pull the material down and I wear a shirt over the top. But now that it is starting to warm up not quite sure what I am going to do. But then I dont give a dam how much skin is exposed. If some one has a problem with it that is their problem not mine.

hmmm i LOVE the convenience of the vertical slits...but i agree that they are not really private...but that never bothered me LOL! the lifting ones i like enough, but i find that if i am really full of milk i can find it a bit tricky to pull up over the boob...

I am wondering what i will do in Summer too. I do prefer to expose as little skin as possible. Through Winter i have been wearing a bub 2bub singlet with the two layers of material and a hoody over the top. I'm not gonna just wear a singlet (unless i magically get buff) but not sure what to wear over the top comfortably.

Good to know i'm not the only one who can't work out the booby holes. Maybe they would work for smaller boobs wth nipples that line up with the slits?

I've used the b/f singlets a couple of times, but I feel really uncomfortable with how much boob they expose (the top of the boob). I have big boobs, so when I pull it down to feed bub, my boob really pops out. I hate it.

with the singlet tops i throw over another slightly loose top that can be quickly yanked up when baby wants boob NOW lol. i do that cause i really dont like the way my bbs look in the singlets lol! especially when you have the bf pads on lol! mmmmm lumpy lol!

Yeah they do tend to show a lot of boob and they seem to pop out and look bigger...
    I thought I was doing something wrong to be getting lumpy looking boobs from the breast pads!

I don't know if I've seen the ones you're talking about?!
    I'm curious now, though

I wear the bub2bub ones with the 2 pieces of material... if its been warmer I've been wearing a linen/light cotton 3/4 sleeve top over the singlet unbuttoned (so wearing it as a jacket). I got a heap of them from cheap stores like SES for about $5 each

I'm stunned at the general lack of BF tops around though? Maybe I'm looking in the wrong stores?

Ok, what I do is...... pull the bottom bit down over my boob, take my boob out of my bra but leave the top bit over my boob so that it's covered. Then attach bubby and pull the top bit over as much as I can without obstructing her nose, therefore keeping my boob covered as much as possible. You can still see some skin but not a lot. I love these tops, they are awesome!

Does that make sense? Probably not.

Sue x

I lived in cheap strappy singlet tops from Target, Supre etc. I would wear one under absolutely everything even in summer so that my top over the top could come up, singlet would go down and I would be comfy and covered up. I hated my back being exposed so this worked perfectly for me and it was much cheaper than the proper feeding tops. Im still in the habit of wearing a singlet underneath everything now and it's been 6 mths since J weaned

Have you tried the peek a booby singlet top? i have one I got to go under the dress I wore for bubs naming day and found it really good.....it is lon enough to layer under all sorts of tops...i wear under a lot of my clothes and I have double d breasts and it seems to expose plenty of flesh for feeding....

Quote Originally Posted by Kate07 View Post

Good to know i'm not the only one who can't work out the booby holes. Maybe they would work for smaller boobs wth nipples that line up with the slits?
    That's what I thought, I can't work them either and mine are quite big and my nipples NO WAY NEAR line up with the slits, mine more line up with the hem at the bottom of the top! LOL

I thought it was just me being unco too, glad to hear I'm not alone

Thumbs up the BF top is out there!

I swear by the Peek A Booby top, because it does all the things that you ladies are talking about.

It is a simple singlet that is long enough to layer with, made of cotton to keep you cool, has openings with no clips, wear your comfy BF bra under or over and put any top you like over the top.

Not only do I swear by it because I am one of the co-creators, but I have used it while feeding my three boys and i am sure the next one due in a few weeks will also see the benefit of quick access! Check it out only because we know it works!

I'm off to google ' Peek a booby top'