Thread: Breast implants and breast feeding

bmuseful Guest

Default Breast implants and breast feeding

Hi guys
    I wondered if anyone has any experience with breast feeding with breast implants? I asked my surgeon at the time and was assured that all would be A OK but to hear it from someone experienced would be very helpful and ease my nerves a bit. Pros and cons are ok. Appreciate your help

From what I know, I think it depends on the way the surgery was performed. I think if your nipple was relaocated at all then you can not breastfeed. I believe that the location of the implant also has some impact on your ability to breastfeed. But I couldn't tell you which way is better.

I would imagine that if your Dr said that you should be ok then you should be. Hope someone else can offer a bit more information.

bmuseful Guest

Thanks FionaJill! well the implant is a cohesive gel (not liquid) and was placed over the rib under the muscle and fat and the nipples weren't relocated. Appreciate your feedback

Yep, now that you say it like that I remember, that is the better way. I guess you could still run into problems, but then who doesn't? Just be sure to mention it to your midwife so they know just incase.

bmuseful Guest

Cheers!!!!!! \/