thread: breastfeeding and insomnia

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    2014 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

    Feb 2012
    Melbourne , Victoria
    2,109

    I used breathing exercises that I'd learnt in calm birth class. Breathing deep into my abdomen for a count of 4 then out for 6. If it was really hard to sleep, I used an app with a free relaxation track on it. It was called Hypnosis sleep soundly.

  2. #2
    BellyBelly Life Subscriber

    Jan 2006
    11,633

    Get your DH sorted, for sure!
    I know you say you don't want to do it all the time , but feeding lying down always worked the best for me - the lovely CCK hormones sent me straight off to sleep. I had problems once they stopped feeding during the night, though! Getting rid of the clocks and never tracking the time helped, too.
    Hope you get more sleep soon!