thread: breastfeeding and insomnia

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    Nov 2009
    Scottish expat living in Geelong
    5,572

    A thermos of camomile tea was a lifesaver for me with the twins so it's definitely worth a try

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Nov 2008
    Perth, WA
    2,315

    DH snores too, and I find giving him a really big shove, waking him right up, works a treat! Seriously... Gives me a chance to get to sleep before he starts up again (once I'm asleep the snoring doesn't usually bother me) and also makes me just a teensy bit glad I'm not the only one awake at such an ungodly hour. We don't talk or anything, but knowing he's 'sharing' my pain helps.

    Getting up after 20 mins or so rather than lying there worrying about not sleeping. Write down any worries, fold some clothes - make it something dead boring!

    The tea would just have me getting up to pee every hour...