thread: Breastfeeding While Pregnant/Tandem Feeding

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    Jul 2007
    melb
    8,498

    Congratulations!!!

    I am currently Tandem feeding a 22 month old and a 4 month old! Its VERY hard work because my toddler is very boobie obsessed and demands a lot more than he should (only while home and I am sitting doing something or while feeding 4 month old).

    My milk supply dropped while preg and I did wonder if DS1 would wean but he didnt and I cant see him weaning anytime soon. I do have days of wanting to just stop him as I get annoyed some days with feeling like i am stuck on couch feeding, but most days its great especially if they both feed together and hold hands.

    Your milk returns to colostrum for the early days.
    I recommend joining ABA

    Good luck ask any questions.

  2. #2
    BellyBelly Member

    Jul 2006
    1,069

    Congrats on your pregnancy!

    Don't worry about the little baby getting enough colostrum..Just make sure that you put him/her on the boob first and let the older baby have the left overs. I found that I had more colostrum after the birth of my second baby so there seemed to be enough for both of them. I just always made sure the younger baby always had his needs met, then my toddler just had to fit in around that.

    It is tiring, but there are huge benefits for everyone if you find the right balance.

    All the best!

  3. #3
    BellyBelly Member

    Mar 2009
    1,385

    Thanks so much for your great advice ladies!

    I will have a look on the ABA website, but you guys have pretty much answered my questions, so thanks alot!

    Lee: Have you moved to the hills yet? (might not remember me, i was "Kymmy81")

    xxx

  4. #4
    BellyBelly Member

    Jul 2006
    1,069

    Actually, yes I did remember it was you! (From another one of your posts previously!) No haven't moved yet, another couple of months..getting closer though!