thread: Bringing 3days of EBM on a 5hr flight - advice?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    Apr 2009
    Sydney
    2,350

    Bringing 3days of EBM on a 5hr flight - advice?

    Thanks all!

    I'm thinking I might keep it refrigerated and then take it home with a few ice bricks so I can freeze it when I get home.

    Taurean - I have that cooler bag and ice brick you are talking about but not sure if it would be big enough for 3 days worth of milk (1.2-1.5L possibly?!?).

    Am going to do a trial run with bags of water and see how cold they are kept for 8hours. Will keep you posted!!

  2. #2
    BellyBelly Member

    May 2008
    1,110

    If you have the 6 pack it holds 1.5 litres. But if you usually night feed and find you're expressing in the night you might have much more than that.

  3. #3
    BellyBelly Member

    Jan 2010
    2,793

    I'm not sure how much you feed, but 1.2-1.5l doesn't sound like much for 3 days (depending on numbers of feeds). Things are different for me at the moment as I'm exclusively expressing 5-6 times a day to keep up my supply (plus a couple of breast feeds), but I can easily express 800ml a day on top of whatever DD2 takes whilst feeding.