Thread: Can boobs get confused??

Default Can boobs get confused??

I've got really really tender swollen boobs, and have colostrum once again. Yes it could be a pg sign, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high.

But having weaned DD in Feb, getting pregnant and having full boobs and colostrum from early on, and then miscarrying... I'm just wondering if my boobs are just confused? I know you can lactate for quite a while after weaning, but this is definitely colostrum, not milk, and I'm fairly sure I completely dried up not long after weaning (yes I checked now and then haha)

What happens with lactation after a miscarriage.. especially a very early one? (missed miscarriage at 7 weeks a month ago). Could this be left overs from that? I think they just don't know what to do with themselves TBH!

Probably not a question with a definite answer, but any experiences or knowledge welcome

hun. It sounds like you have had a tough time and the last thing you need is more confusion.

Liz, I am not an expert on the medical side, and I haven't heard of this before, but it sounds possible that it could be related to a miscarriage. When you are pg you produce prolactin, the milk making hormone, but the pg hormones over-ride it and stop the milk from being produced (except for sometimes a bit of colostrum leakage late in pg). So it seems feasible that while all the hormones settle down, you could have high enough levels of prolactin to produce some milk. I would say that's more likely than you producing colostrum in the early stages of pg. I am only guessing though. Perhaps a bt to check your hormone levels would give you some answers.

Sorry, Liz, I really have no idea! But I did want to say... that it is a sign of pg for you and you get a

Just offering a

Your boobs must know what they're doing, but it sounds confusing for you. Getting your hormones checked could be a great start, or just giving it some time and monitor any changes.

Hey darl, I had colostrum leakage after losing my 2nd angel, and it continued until just before I got preg with DS, then started again around 15/16wks and got worse from there.
    When my milk finished drying up when DS was 6wks old I stopped having leakage, and now (just noticed 3-4 days ago) I have colostrum leakage again. Fingers crossed it's a sticky BFP for both of us this month!