thread: Day/night feedings out the window

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    May 2007
    Otago, NZ
    877

    Day/night feedings out the window

    So need to get a bigger bed. The answer to my night problems would be to cosleep, which I'd love to do, but not sure about the logistics with two bubbas and just a queen sized bed.

    Miss G was better feeding during the day yesterday thank God and much as I hated doing it, I didn't let her suck for hours during the night. It is now almost 8am and she's still asleep, as opposed to 6-ish the last few days. I am wondering because she fed so long during the night, she was getting overtired and as she was overtired, she wasn't sleeping well during the day, compounding the over tiredness itms. It will be interesting to see what today brings.

    As for night feeds, we always lie down together in a dark room to feed with minimal interaction. Question - do you change your bubbas nappies during a night feed?

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Oct 2007
    Middle Victoria
    8,924

    So need to get a bigger bed. The answer to my night problems would be to cosleep, which I'd love to do, but not sure about the logistics with two bubbas and just a queen sized bed.
    you can do it, but yeah a bigger bed would be much nicer. could you bedshare just with the bub that needs it right now?

    the no cry sleep solution has some ideas for all night sucking. the 'pantley pull-off' method was the only one i really had success with, but bub was a bit older than your little one.

    i stopped nappy changes overnight around 3 or 4 months, unless there was poos.

    if you don't think other baby will wake, can you swap sides if she still wants more? sometimes a fresh boob will give them enough to drift off.