Thread: Does milk supply diminish if pregnant?

Default Does milk supply diminish if pregnant?

Hi,

Not sure if i'm pregnant or not (8 DPO at the moment), have been nauseous all week, and then today i had like no milk.

Not sure if its just a once off, i didn't really do anything less today (i know i should drink more liquids, but this wasn't less than what i normally have), but tonight i even had to give him 120ml of cows milk to go to sleep.

I've never done that before, so i'm worried i'm losing my milk. Could i be losing my milk in general, if i am pregnant could that be it (and can i stop that), or could it just be a bad day??

Any advice greatly appreciated! I don't think i'm ready to wean him just yet, although if am pregnant would plan to do it sometime in the next 4-6 months i guess.

Thanks

Your milk supply does decrease in early pg, and tastes different too, you need to feed often and express inbetween to boost the supply if you want to continue.

oooh Good luck, hun!

I also noticed i had less milk when i first fell preg - and Ella went a bit funny on the breast...like she was either frustrated with the taste or the lack of milk. I ended up dropping down to 1 feed daily (was giving 2 feeds when fell preg) after a month or so. Good luck

Yael - i had to change bras when i first conceived. My boobs were sooo deflated, my mat bras were falling off me. Sophie was really huggy and only wanted 1 boob, she refused to have the other. Little did i know i was pregnant !!!!

I had the same thing happen when I conceived Angus. Mason did not want to feed at all in fact he started biting me every time I tried.
    Hopefully it is just one of those days Yael and it will come back ok.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Marisa weaned when I fell pregnant with Elijah, I think my milk did decrease enough for her to lose interest but I was happy to wean at a bit over 2. Fingers crossed - any news yet?!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

Update to this thread Here

Congrats again Yael. Just wondering how your supply is going these days? I'm very interested, as it's a bit of a fear of mine that Tallon will wean when I fall pg.

Altho, with all this talk about positive thinking.. I can probably "will" my milk supply to stay up! LOL (ref to The Secret thread )

It actually hasn't gone down that much. I struggle through the lunch feed, def enough for a good snack but maybe not quite enough for him in the hot weather - but still have plenty morning and night.

awesome That's what I like to hear! hehe. Oh I'm so excited for you!