thread: Down to one BF, can I wear normal bras?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    Nov 2008
    in the ning nang nong
    12,163

    I personally wouldn't go back until a few months after completely finishing up - to make sure I don't get a later blockage.

    Having had a blocked duct here and there, I do whatever I can to avoid repeating the experience!

  2. #2
    2013 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

    Apr 2009
    3,750

    I had mastitis a few times with DD and found my maternity bra's seemed to start it off. I haven't had it since wearing normal bra's and have been wearing normal ones since DD was about 4-5months old (several sizes larger then I normally wear) DD is 21months and still feeding a few times in 24hours. I also noticed as a midwife that lots of women don't seem to wear maternity bra's. If I have another baby I think I'll just keep wearing non maternity bra's.

  3. #3
    Registered User

    Mar 2011
    queensland
    696

    Congrats tuaren!
    im Interested to know as well! I'm about to but 12 months exclusively on 7th and I can not beleive it!! I'm also starting the weaning process as we would like TTC soon and so far AF has been AWOL during BF. we are down to three feeds a day but I'm happy goin slowly. But can't wait to get some normal bras on!

  4. #4
    Registered User

    Sep 2005
    In the middle of nowhere
    9,362

    I did. Never had an issue. DS only had early morning and bedtime feeds too.
    You know what to look out for.