thread: Electric breast pumps

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    Oct 2007
    Middle Victoria
    8,924

    which bits do you want to sterilise?

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Dec 2007
    Sunny Qld
    14,682

    I would just wash it in warm soapy water, and rinse well - maybe pour some boiling water over it if I was in the mood.

    But thats about all I would be bothered doing LOL

  3. #3
    Registered User

    Jul 2010
    Melbourne
    2,737

    I wanted to sterilise all of it. Except the electrical, of course. My friend got it from someone else for me, so i don't know where it's been!! lol
    Also I have just been googling and found some stuff saying that parts have melted while boiling! What wouldn't be safe to boil?? Argh, I'm such a novice!

  4. #4
    Registered User

    Dec 2007
    Sunny Qld
    14,682

    If it was something to do with formula then I would too - but you can really only use them for one purpose and thats all full of antibacterial stuff so I wouldn't be too concerned

    I'm pretty anal when it comes to sterilising stuff to do with formula, but not breast milk.

  5. #5
    Registered User

    Jul 2010
    Melbourne
    2,737

    The box smelt like it had been kept in a kitchen with food smells so I just washed all the parts in hot soapy water. I'm hoping I won't need it straight away anyway, but just incase.

    Thank you ladies

    ETA: I should add, the pump came with two extra bottles and 4 teats.

  6. #6
    Registered User

    Dec 2007
    Sunny Qld
    14,682

    I'd probably sterilise the bottles and buy new teats. But thats only because I wouldn't know if they had formula in those bottles

    (I hope this doesn't read like I'm against formula, I'm not, I formula fed 3 of mine and only successfully breastfed my last child out of all of them. So I'm not against any way of feeding LOL)