Er, I want to use it to extract milk from my boobage. lol.....
Basically I had issues last time with supply. This was caused by the rocky start to BFing, and the constant interruption. He went days without more than a few sucks at the boob and this really hindered my milk coming in. Once it did, I had bugger all.. or it seemed that way. I also have a really slow letdown apparently, as he would fuss and fuss and I'd usually give up in frustration before he got any milk. (this is what my current MW and I have deduced anyway).
So I'd like to be able to express for a bit to get the milk flowing, then pop baby on. I also want to build a supply of frozen milk for those times I need a full nights sleep or so on. It'd be nice if there was the option for DP to have a go at bottle feeding some EBM occasionally. (I realise this may or may not work, depending on bubs preference).
I will definitely be returning to work, but hopefully not for 12mths. 6mths is a possibility too though, and I would think I'll still be BFing at that point. An electric pump would be handy to use at work.
I can't be sure exactly how long I'll use it for and so on, as I just don't know how this is going to go. But I want to give myself the best possible chance at BFing with success this time. No, scratch that. I am going to BF this baby with success. And I will not give up.
Bookmarks