12

thread: Electric pumps - best place, best price?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Add leckert on Facebook Follow leckert On Twitter

    Mar 2008
    still on the teaching contract roundabout
    1,952

    Electric pumps - best place, best price?

    I love my medela swing (bought from mothers direct - aba online shop). I've also got a medela mini electric as a back up pump if something's misbehaving with the swing (very occasionally happens) but I prefer the swing. I pump 5 days a week at school (3-4 sessions a day). I did consider getting the freestyle for the double pump option but couldn't afford it when I was having trouble with my original swing (after over 30 months of pumping I figured it wasn't too bad to have to replace it)

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Jan 2011
    Perth
    3,268

    Electric pumps - best place, best price?

    My Medela swing is excellent. Works effectively and is a (just make sure you have the right size flange for your breasts), is a great size for travelling with. When I bought mine the best online price at the time was Nursing Angel I think, and I also got free bottles and a Calma teat with it. I think there's also a site called ABA Free that does good deals.

  3. #3
    Registered User

    Jan 2011
    Perth
    3,268

    Electric pumps - best place, best price?

    Forshelby I forgot to add with DD my milk took a bit longer to come in properly and she had latch issues, plus preferred sleep over feeding and the pump really helped bring my milk in and kick start my supply so I do recommend one to buy or hire. If you hire you could get the two-pump ones like in the hospital so you can save time by doing both breasts at once. Or with a normal single one maybe alternate feed and pump on each side.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Add No.5 on Facebook

    Jan 2007
    Brisbane
    2,391

    Electric pumps - best place, best price?

    Haven't read all the replies but I was using a medela swing and it did the job, was a good little pump Nice an portable too

  5. #5
    Registered User

    May 2007
    Otago, NZ
    877

    Electric pumps - best place, best price?

    I got a Medela pump in style advanced from Amazon and it has been AWESOME. Double electric pump and was worth every penny of the $280 I paid for it. It has the quick letdown sucks at the beginning if a pumping session, plus you can press a button to stimulate another letdown (or however many you want) mid pump to squeeze out every little bit of bm you can

  6. #6
    BellyBelly Member
    Add kitten2b on Facebook

    Feb 2005
    canberra
    1,580

    i have an avent uno electric breastpump that i could send up to you to try, I used it with both girls when I went back to work.

  7. #7
    Registered User

    Jun 2009
    913

    Loved my Medela Freestyle, but I was using it full time for a year so needed an uber-good one. You might not need such a fancy one.

  8. #8
    Registered User

    Mar 2006
    7,046

    Electric pumps - best place, best price?

    I just put the medella swing on layby at baby bunting. Normally $250 on sale for $199. It's similar to the one I used in hospital to help bring my milk in quicker. Dd is now almost 7 weeks and I want it so I can express so DH can do a night feed when I'm totally wrecked. Also so I can express when I go back to work later this year.

  9. #9
    Registered User

    Jul 2006
    Melbourne
    4,895

    I just put the medella swing on layby at baby bunting. Normally $250 on sale for $199. It's similar to the one I used in hospital to help bring my milk in quicker. Dd is now almost 7 weeks and I want it so I can express so DH can do a night feed when I'm totally wrecked. Also so I can express when I go back to work later this year.
    Thanks for sharing, was looking at purchasing one and since I have a voucher to spend I'll put it towards the pump

  10. #10
    2014 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

    Feb 2012
    Melbourne , Victoria
    2,109

    Electric pumps - best place, best price?

    Another option is the Grow Baby Diana dream pump. The cheapest place to buy one would be from your maternity hospital they are about $140. Not as portable as the smaller medela ones but I'm told its a real workhorse and is a double pump too. In Melbourne they are available from Baby Bunting.
    Have you considered seeing. Lactation consultant pre birth to get some support and a plan in place?
    I have love supply so a medela symphony would be the one to hire.

12