thread: Feeding every hour, how do you cope?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Administrator
    Add Rouge on Facebook

    Jun 2003
    Ubiquity
    9,922

    I don't know. But I did lol. I just lost all expectations that anything else was normal. If that makes sense. DS was EXACTLY the same. Every hour on the hour. And he didn't sleep overnight and I coped with that too (most of the time ). I think I was just so ecstatic to be feeding him myself as I didn't with DD1. But don't feel bad if it annoys the crap out of you. Maybe give yourself a list of things to do in those 30 minute breaks? That's what I did. And instead of big blocks of achievements I would achieve things gradually throughout my day. Whatever gets you through, there are no rules AND drink LOTS. Can you rest your eyes and feed in bed while she feeds?

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Sep 2008
    1,350

    Pumpkin

    Wow - I have no idea, but I couldnt read without saying what a wonderful job your doing. Your an amazing mummy

  3. #3
    Administrator
    Add Rouge on Facebook

    Jun 2003
    Ubiquity
    9,922

    You are but also remember even the amazing have moments of Oh My Freakin GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

    AND if she's not suffering nipple confusion and you have some storage go the bottle and pump after the next time she feeds if you need a break? Dunno if it's something you want to try... but I'm trying to think of solutions xx

    If you need to offload (and I hope my post didn't seem... "Oh it's fiiiiinnnne darlink") call me xxx

  4. #4
    Registered User

    May 2007
    Warrnambool Vic
    1,476

    Hi,

    At this age babies want to feed to connect with you, not necessarily for the food. Do you give your little one both breasts at a feed? While in the early days babies will only need one breast at a time, by 4 months, they will generally want both breasts. Do you find if she is in a sling and you are on the go - at the shops etc she doesn't want to feed as often? I always found that when mine had better things to see or do they didn't feed as often - if we were just haning out at home, they wanted it all the time.
    Re your hairloss - it probably not related to breastfeeding. Generally it's a shock or crisis such as the birth that causes the break. It takes some time for the hair to "grow out" and it coincides with the time we are breastfeeding. But it's not caused by breastfeeding

  5. #5

    Jul 2009
    Out North, Vic
    8,538

    1. be comfortable - tracky pants and a loose top worked wonders for me and my favorite chair.
    2. Lots of water and plenty of snacks - when i could i would make up a couple of little containers of snacks (dried fruit, nuts, fresh fruit, muesli bars, cheese & crackers) when the girls were ready for a feed i would grab a small container and a water bottle and just sit back and watch telly and eat/drink.
    3. A good book - comes in handy when they are feeding for a while and not too worried about you reading over the top of them
    4. I times like those i often went and laid in bed when i knew the girls would have a longer feed, i would just relax and do nothing

    Prob no help, your prob doing all of that anyway, keep up the great work hun