thread: Food ideas for a 17 mth old

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    Apr 2011
    70

    Cooked plain pasta (easy for them to do it themselves)
    Hummus + things to dip in
    Rice - especially sushi type rice so they can pick it up, or even sushi itself
    Tuna
    Porridge (dd likes the flavoured ones)
    Crumbed fish/fish fingers
    Oven fries
    Smoked salmon
    Cold ham
    Cold cooked chicken
    Dried fruit - apples, pears plus the usual raisins etc
    Eggs

    Those are all things my DD loves (19 mo) dairy aggravates her reflux too. She does like cheese, but I dont give her much

    My other tip is - get some tiny forks, or picks - those plastic colourful ones and let them poke their own bits of finger food. My kids seem to eat way more like this!
    Mini muffins or pikelets

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Sep 2005
    In the middle of nowhere
    9,362

    I have a white food bandit too RB - I understand the frustration, especially since he's little

    What about smoothies - made with low fat milk but bulked with either raw egg or high cal powder?
    Ravioli?
    Going to sound silly but frozen vege uncooked - my little guy lived solely off frozen peas for 2 weeks at about that age - every kid I know likes them or frozen beans

    Another thing I found worked a treat was eating somewhere different. I know the high chair is well contained, but sometimes the sense of adventure gained by changing the eating location is continued with the willingness to try food.

  3. #3
    Registered User

    Aug 2008
    Tasmania
    595

    We have just been told DD2 has food issues relating to everthing thats going on and starting ABs. Her energy reqs arnt been met for a healthy child let alone one with CF (80% for normal 60% for a CF child) She said to make a lunch box of fruit veggies cheese and things like that and offer it all day so she will try things when she wants not get forced.