Forgot to add JJ is 3 in October and we Are only just dropping his 2 bottles at the moment, so you just do what you need to to get through. At 12 mths mine were on 4 bottles/boob a day.
Thanks girls, great to hear what others have done, I breastfed my DD for 13months then she went onto cows milk, I had no milk left because I was pregnant so the transition was easy but I have never had any experience with the bottle before DS so thanks for the advice.
Taurean I did think it was a lot, even though its not like that every day thanks heaps
At 12 months Connor was on the three bottles of EBM a day at 18 months he still has two and sometimes the third one after his afternoon nap. What you can do is replace a bottle or two with another calcium/source. For example one slice of cheese is equivalent to 1x250ml bottle of milk, or a small tub of yoghurt is the same. He probably doesn't need all that much fluid as milk now if his solids are well established, just make sure to offer lots of water so the fluid levels are maintained....hope that makes sense!
Bookmarks