thread: Fussy eater, getting worried

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #6
    Registered User
    Add Beautitude on Facebook

    Feb 2008
    Adelaide SA
    684

    MR: I agree with you on the formula and trust me i DONT want him on it anymore. When he was 12 months we started to wean him onto cows milk and we got to about half formula and half cows milk (he wouldn't drink straight cows milk) and he had the most horrendous poos that weren't getting better. It was basically like diarrhoea and was causing him alot of issues with nappy rash etc. This went on for about 6 weeks when we went to the doc who told us that he is lactose intolerant. I dont buy the lactose intolerance at all as he has never had an issue with formula. There is just something in cows milk that his tummy doesn't like. We are currently weaning again but very slowly. We have also tried A2 milk and encountered the same issue. I think i will ask for some tests to try and determine what it is in cows milk that he reacts to.

    studymum: The apparent lactose intolerance started at about 13 months. We were using a cows milk based formula with no issues.He doesn't seem to have an issue with any other dairy just cows milk. Like i said above im not convinced that it is lactose intolerance.

    Shanti: I haven't weighed ds in ages. To be honest i am a bit worried as he has always been such a good weight gainer im scared to see if he has lost weight. At this point due to his illness i think ill put it off a bit longer before i check what he weighs. I think also the most frustrating thing is when i cook him a meal and he doesn't touch it or throws it to the dog. I agree with the crankiness too. Some days he is impossible to control and seems cranky coz he is hungry but wont eat his dinner. Give him a salada though and he will woof it down. I just cant win. A friend of mine started to have issues with the high chair also and she got her dd a little set of table and chairs and would feed her sitting at the table. This solved their high chair wars so maybe something like that might work for you also.

    i guess i need to know where to go from here. Do i feed him and if he doesn't eat what i give him do i just end the meal there and not give in to him with what i know he will eat? I want him to eat more varied things rather than spag bol every night. If i do this though and he doesn't eat his dinner his formula intake will increase and i feel like i will be chasing my tail.
    Last edited by Beautitude; March 21st, 2010 at 07:30 PM. : Add extra