thread: How Amazing is Breast Milk?!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    Apr 2009
    in the garden
    3,767

    Babies are designed to wake at night... if formula was artifically extending their natural sleeping patterns I'd be concerned... i've heard that sleeping too deep can be dangerous for babies.
    Absolutely! I would be very wary of anything added to formula to create an artificial sleep pattern... that just freaks me out.

    I'm expressing fulltime for AR & haven't noticed anything different WRT her sleeping patterns to the other three.
    She is in a fairly rough pattern, waking once early in the morning. I think that is much more to do with her than what or how she is fed. DD1 was FFed, DS1 was FFed from 8 weeks & DS2 was Bfed for 14 mths...so far AR is the best sleeper of the lot!

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Jun 2009
    Gold Coast
    134

    I'm still spinning out about the fact they found stem cells in breast milk....amazing. I always knew it was good stuff, but that's a pretty incredible fact!

  3. #3
    BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

    Jun 2004
    The Festival State
    3,008

    good article Melbel, well interesting anyhoo.

    but like ECAPRIS alluded to, comments by the researchers that are judgemental of breastfeeding/pumping working mums, mmmm, i think that's a bit rough.

    it's one thing to have the info, and make your own decisions based on that.

    but i didn't like the researcher saying "it's a mistake to ......"

    if i was a working (for money) mum, i think i'd be flat out finding time to express, and my main goal would just to be HAVE bm expressed for my baby, that in itself would be hard enough, without pressure about what tiem of day it was expressed.

    bilby is nearly three, and is VERY keen on her morning feed. very keen on her evening feed too, won't go to sleep without it. so she must respond to the Cappucino and the Horlicks ha ha.