thread: I am having surgery but I am still breastfeeding

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    BellyBelly Member

    Mar 2007
    Perth
    2,088

    Thanks ladies.

    Hmmm definately need a plan of attack as I have struggled on and off with low supply. I forgot to drink water yesterday, I think I had one glass, I was just so busy and it slipped my mind. I realllly noticed the difference at night.

  2. #2
    BellyBelly Member

    May 2008
    1,110

    The biggest thing to deal with the "no drinking or eating after midnight" issue is to get up at 11.30pm and have a couple of glasses of water and some food. Anxiety about surgery is bad enough without being overly hungry and thirsty as well...

    And fold a big towel over your cut before feeding bub - after my CS a kick from a newborn hurt - a boot from a 6 month old would not be fun!