It sounds really boring, but are the seals on your pump all sealing OK? Can you feel "suck" but nothing happens, or is it just not sucking very well?
If it is just after a feed then maybe there isn't very much there either - you should probably be at the stage by now where you pretty much make what bub needs and not much extra.
If you do need a stash then the most reliable way to do it is to add another "feed" to your day where you feed the pump rather than the baby - after a few days your boobs will get the idea and you will have the extra milk supply.
I did everything you said..I also think my pump was a bit loose or something maybe.
It took a while but i expressed 50ml just then,not much ? But at least i got something!
And i think it would work better in the morning or like you said KMN pump an actual feed
Yay! It took me a few attempts before I could express. So far I have made a few bottles now, but have not needed them. DD wont take them anyway, I just feel better if there is some there, so I know how you feel!
The dreaded express. FWIW I express more often than I BF as DH is SAHD and despite my body being very used to expressing, sometimes I will only get 80mls. It's frustrating but I find lots of water, relaxing as much as possible and also stroking the breast lightly before expressing works wonders. My biggest problem is getting to the let down stage. If I am stressed, this sometimes won't happen.
Good luck! I think it's a great idea for you to have some milk in the freezer just in case but don't let it get too stressful for you
It is so frustrating isn't it. I have never been able to express more than 20 ml at any given time. I used to spend hours expressing what I could just to get a emergency feed and did everything that the ABA suggested (I even got up at midnight to try a few times). I found little bit by little bit got enough for what I needed. If I had my time over I would hire a electric pump for a month and try that.
50 mls is great hun. With some practice you might get more, or you might not. 50mls is more than many mums get so well done. You can mix batches that are at the same temperature too, but I always found it best to store in 50ml batches.
One other tip that might help is to put a warm compress on your breast before expressing, and some gently breast compression while pumping can help too.
Bookmarks