thread: I have wondered for a long time *not a debate*

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    BellyBelly Member

    Jan 2008
    In beautiful chaos!
    2,335

    No I dont wnat a debate, but healthy convo is allowed

    I was going to say the same thing, breast milk IS a life savour maybe you dont see the benefits straight up, but they're there

    Im just trying to understand our mind set......

    We all know 'breast is best' etc. Im just trying to see that if the 'best' was accessable, why some would still not 'CHOOSE' it

    Im not talking about another lady feeding your child, Im talking about going to a bank and buying the milk, instead of going to the supermarker etc and buying can of formula....

    Also Im thinking our answers would be very different to those answers given by people who live in a country with breastfeeding ads on TV, ads around town on buses etc......

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Sep 2007
    Brisbane
    5,729

    I'm wondering if someone else's BM is as good as your own? When there is illness in a house, the germs are passed to the mother via nursing, who creates antibodies and gives them to the infant via BF. If that cycle doesn't exist (which it doesn't using donor BM) it can't be as perfect as a mother BF her own child in their own home, KWIM? Likely the infant is getting antibodies to illnesses they aren't exposed to at that time. They also aren't bonding with their mother in the same way.

    All that aside, I still support it, even if I wouldn't do it that way myself.