thread: I have wondered for a long time *not a debate*

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    Dec 2005
    In Bankworld with Barbara
    14,222

    Some would argue urine is not a waste product- more 'left over nutrients. But sorry, I was more pointing out the use of body fluids such as Some cultures do ingest urine for to treat disease- It was off topic so didn't go into details at the time- didn't mean to offend
    I'd bet Bear Grylls would agree with you on that he's been known to drink his urine from time to time - properly filtered through his t-shirt too

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Jan 2007
    7,197

    I agree with a PP that the demand would be far greater than the supply in order to be viable. How many of us have trouble enough expressing enough for a night out for our own babies let alone masses to donate. The donated milk for critically ill and prem babies is a wonderful thing though and obviously viable and doable.

    I think that there will always be people who choose not to b'feed, and having this as an option for them even if it did work, probably wouldn't be something they would choose to do. Educated or not people make their own choices based on background, research etc. and I don't think having a bm bank would change that for some. Just like everything else in parenting, each to their own.

    ETA:
    properly filtered through his t-shirt too
    or squeezed directly out of a dead camels gut.....puuuke!!!

  3. #3
    Registered User

    Aug 2008
    Tasmania
    595

    Even 40 years ago (longer very popular in victorian times.) wet nurses were used in some circles. The mothers wouldnt feed but would pay another woman to feed the baby often at the expence of that womans own baby and family. I dont disagree with it but only if people dont put their own baby at risk