Thread: Karicare Toddler Milk

Default Karicare Toddler Milk

Just a quick question for those that use this - not trying to open up a debate re toddler milk being a gimmick or anything....I have a fussy 1 year old who doesn't drink much milk (she has some cows milk too) so I feel reassured she gets some extra vitamins from toddler milk. She only drinks about 300ml toddler milk a day (plus about 200-300ml cows milk)

Anyway.....the Stage 3 Karicare toddler milk has me a bit confused. I think there are 3 types from what I can work out. All have the purple lid and look pretty similar.
    1) The one with added Omega 3's etc in it. This one is a bit more expensive.
    2)Growing up formula
    3)Another one that is 'Rich in Calcium, Iron and Zinc' but apart from that is nearly identical tin wise to number 2. The nutritional break up is a bit different though.

I'm a bit confused as to why there are both #2 and #3, my supermarket sells both at the same price - like they are interchangable. Has anyone else noticed this and does anyone know the difference? I have tried phoning Karicare to ask but their info line hasn't been working for a while.

mmmm Sorry i can't help on that one. BUT have you looked at the options of things Like Milo or Activite? They have a lot of the same things in them as the toddler milks & would be a hell of a lot cheaper...

ETS, Just noticed, shouldn't you be busy giving birth by now? LOL

LOL Fiona I would love to be busy giving birth just now....mother nature obviously has other plans atm

Will try the milo thing - good point. I reckon I'm pretty much on the verge of just giving Lucie cows milk in her sippy cup at meal times, which is what I do already anyway, she just has an 'extra' bottle am and pm. But I figure given she's nearly 13 months, I shouldn't stress so much about it anyway. She might end up eating more solids too which would be a bonus!

Melinda Guest

Just a thought...do you think giving her milk in her sippy cup at meal times might mean she is filling up a bit too much on the milk and therefore not eating her solids as much??

Melinda - She doesn't get it at the start of the meal. Basically after she has finished eating. She's never been a big eater!

Melinda Guest

No worries Soph! Was just a thought anyways! I remember you saying previously she wasn't a big eater.