Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let the weight gaining stress begin *sigh*

I'm glad I came across this thread Sarah as I was going to post something similar. Joshua had his weigh in today because when the CHN came to see us 2 weeks ago he had not regained his birth weight. And he still hasn't!

At birth he was 3195 and lost 10.9% of his weight. When we left hospital on day 7 he weighed 2950 (gained 105grams in the week). When the CHN came out on day 10, he weighed 3kg exactly. As he wasn't back to his birth weight she wanted him reweighed today where he weighs 3150. Only 150gram weight gain in 2 weeks.

I have to give credit to my CHN though because she said herself we didn't want to go to formula. Instead she suggested I start feeding him from both sides for about 15 minutes each side and then express for a few minutes after every feed to try and boost my supply. She wants me to go back in a week to get him reweighed and if he hasn't put on 150grams then she'll refer me to a lactation consultant.

But it certainly does make me feel inadequate to think maybe I am not feeding him enough (he feeds every 2-3 hours day and night). It would be fantastic if our boobs had some kind of gauge on them so we know how much our bubs are getting and how full our boobs are!

Woohoooooo, we have gained weight

4670gm, so she is now 185gm abouve her birth weight & has gained 350gm in 10 days

Very happy & very relieved!

Oh well done to you and Juliette!

Wow Sarah, well done. That's an awesome effort, you dairy cow you (and I do mean that as a compliment LOL!!) Congratulations.

See! We knew she was just biding her time I bet you have a bit of a confidence boost yourself too now you know she can gain weight.

Awesome! That's a GREAT weight gain! Keep up the good work girls (girls being you, Miss J, and your bosoms).

LOL at ncluding my bosoms as part of "the girls" Nelle And yep Sherie, a huuuge confidence boost, I have a gorgeous chunky chubby baby all thanks to ME!

WTG little one! I am soooo proud of you And you too mumma, YOU did that YOUR nourishment sustained your little girls life... doesn't it feel amazing Its hard work but its so worth it

paradise lost Guest

Sarah i'mcoming late to this, since i'm only just reading it now, but i have to admit i did smile a bit at your MCHN panicking about your big 4kg+ baby! LOL.

I do think this can be a problem, poor gain, don't get me wrong, it's just that in this particular case it seemed to be a strong reaction to pretty much no problem.

Barb, my homebirthed lady didn't lose at all! She was 7lbs14.5oz at birth. On day 6 the MW went to weigh her and gave me a speech about how babies usually lose about 10% and that so long as she was back to birth weight by day 14 it was nothing to worry about, then popped her on the scale and she was 8lbs 10oz! LOL. The midwife nearly fell off the bed and i was SO proud of my boobs that day

Bx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12