thread: long term BF and bras

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    Nov 2005
    Sunshine Coast
    1,142

    Depends on how much your cup size changes during the day, some people seem fine in underwires, others not so good. If you take the bra off before your boob gets full I thnk you'd be fine, I guess you can try & see what happens.

    Not much help at all am I?

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Sep 2005
    In the middle of nowhere
    9,362

    no actually that is helpful. I hadn't thought about that but my boobs haven't been 'full' in over twelve months. Yesterday we went 24hours between feeds and no change.

  3. #3
    BellyBelly Life Subscriber

    Jan 2006
    11,633

    Once DS was down to home feeds only, I switched back to my usual bras (the maternity ones were too big by then anyway) and didn't have any problems. If your boobs aren't geting 'full' at all, then you should be ok (i guess).

  4. #4
    Registered User

    Jan 2011
    22

    My DS is two and still demand fed, I still wear maternity bras when I do wear a bra (which is very rarely) as they are the prettiest bras I've ever owned! lol

  5. #5
    Registered User

    Feb 2006
    NSW Central Coast
    5,301

    I started wearing underwire bras a few months before DS1 weaned and my milk supply didn't seem to change. He was having 1-2 feeds a day.

  6. #6
    Registered User

    Oct 2006
    Sydney NSW
    4,837

    I went to an Intimo party last year and the lady doing it said in some country (Maybe France but don't quote me) the women wear underwires even when bf.