Thread: Long Term Expressers or those knowing a bit about breast pumps ~ A quick question

Talking Long Term Expressers or those knowing a bit about breast pumps ~ A quick question

I have a double Ameda Purely Yours Pump, as DD was prem and I expressed long term for her, I jsut used the standard hard plastic fittings. But has anyone use the "Flexi Shield", which is a more rubbery, soft insert that you use that is supposed to stimulate the production of milk better. But at $24.95 ea I want to get an idea if anyone has used them and found them better or if it is just worth sticking with the standard fittings

Or If you have a pump with a softer more flexible fitting over the breast rather than hard plastic I would love to know how you go with it

TIA xxoo

Hey hun. My Medela pump has a soft-fit shield that is designed to stimulate milk production better, but TBH I haven't noticed a real difference between it and the standard plastic fittings. I actually had more trouble keeping my boob in the softer fitting IYYWIM?

HTH.

Thanks for that hun That is really useful info, my BBS aren't exactly small now they have had their pregnancy growth spurt so probably making less room for them won't help.

I have the soft fit one for my Medela too....It seems to have a better fit around the breast, but I don't think it makes a huge difference.

I have the soft fit Medela one too and I much prefer it to my previous "hard" NUK pump, but it could be the pump / brand / power kind of thing rather than the softyness which makes me love my Medela more. I doubt it would help with milk production, maybe just gently massaging your BBs while pumping would help more?

Default Long Term Expressers or those knowing a bit about breast pumps ~ A quick question

I don't have the same pump as you but mine also had the soft insert which is supposed to stimulate the breast for let down. I found them to be a pita cause milk would just get stuck between that and the hard funnel bit. I found I get more milk without the soft bits. My pump is an avent.

Oh great, thankyou so much everyone

It really doesn't sound as though it is worth spending the $50 on them and to just stick with what I have

I used to massage them quite a bit especially at the end to try and get every last drop out I could, so I will just do it that way.

Hopefully my supply will be better this time and I won't need to use it as much

I bought a Medela Swing when DD was born to express with and it has a soft fit - I used the hard plastic kits in hospital and I noticed better stimulation with the soft fit... the hard plastic one did the job but I got more with the soft fit - but that could be because I was relaxed at home when using the soft kit