thread: Maintaining milk after weaning

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    Jun 2010
    Tiny Town
    4,675

    While I can see FabFiona's point that this could be a troll post - the name, only just joining, the controversial topic, it could also be that someone is genuinely looking for help and so joined to ask this specific question.

    If this is the case, my answer is that I don't think she's trying to force her DD to wean. She's stated that her DD is showing signs of losing interest, but would like to continue otherwise. I think she's simply asking how to keep her supply up if and when her DD weans. Getting the info before it happens so that she's prepared. And hey, if her DD decides to keep feeding, then life continues exactly as it is now.

    That's my take anyway.

    Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Nov 2008
    Melbourne
    2,008

    If this is the case, my answer is that I don't think she's trying to force her DD to wean. She's stated that her DD is showing signs of losing interest, but would like to continue otherwise. I think she's simply asking how to keep her supply up if and when her DD weans. Getting the info before it happens so that she's prepared. And hey, if her DD decides to keep feeding, then life continues exactly as it is now.
    I think if that was the intention, nobody would be questioning it... But she did post this, which pretty much says the opposite.

    I have decided to start weaning our baby next week and will reduce her feedings down to a single midday feed. Being in the middle of the day will even out my daily milk demand as best as I can. I think I will continue with a single feed to baby for for a few weeks or even a month and keep a close eye on my milk. My husband will continue to feed and suckle as usual twice daily during this time and hopefully he will continue to receive an adequate supply. If all goes well after a month or so then hubby will begin to exclusively nurse from me. I would very much like to be able to spend more daily sessions nursing my husband but this is just not possible with him working full time plus having other younger children at home. Having young children at home is the main reason I don't feel comfortable pumping.

  3. #3
    Registered User

    Jul 2005
    Sydney
    7,896

    Moderator Message ยป
    Since this thread seems to have run its course, I am now closing it.