Thread: Maternity Bra's - Large Back Sizes - where to find them???

Default Maternity Bra's - Large Back Sizes - where to find them???

I'm having problems looking for a maternity bra, the catch is I'd prefer not to purchase one for $100 knowing that I still have 6 months of pregnancy to go and then for when my milk comes in... who knows what size I'll end up...

After doing measurements and checking online I've gone up a size from a 22D/DD to a 24E, I've noticed how uncomfortable my current bra's are, especially the war wounds left when I remove them at night (all the red dug in marks) so I've decided to go bra shopping however I don't want to spend too much if in say a few months time I'm needing more... My last two pregnancies I didn't change size at all, just firmer when my milk came in, and as we weren't expecting to have another I got rid of my old maternity bras so I can't even slip into those being that they aren't wired..

Where oh where do I go to get something decent yet not priced over the moon... I'd prefer to purchase decent ones closer to the end.

Also can you add those extenders... or two of them to a smaller bra with the right cup size?

The extenders may work - as long as you get the cups the right distance apart on the front too! It's very uncomfy if the sideseams aren't actually where they should be. The bigger maternity bras usually already have 6-8 hook positions on the back though - so you might be able to get away with just one extender. Maternity bras do have stretchier cups than normal bras - you might actually not need the E yet...
    Maybe also look for soft cup non-maternity bras at this stage too.

good luck!

I was going to say the same as Kmn,
    You'll find the bigger sizes on Maternity bras have wide backs anyway.
    I suggest going into a store to get properly fitted, The women are pretty spot on with sizes. When I got mine fitted while pregnant they made them slightly too big, which was awesome for when my milk came in. Remember it will only take a couple of weeks or so and your milk supply will settle down too, so they won't be as huge..

Only thing is price, geeze they're expensive! Mine have all been about the 60 dollar mark

hth

I bought some off the website Zodee recently, I bough 3 loveable ones from about $100. It did take a while for them to arrives, but they were much cheaper to buy online than the same ones in Myer.

Quote Originally Posted by tellytubby View Post
    Only thing is price, geeze they're expensive! Mine have all been about the 60 dollar mark
    I consider that cheap ... my last two bras were $65 and $70 and that is WAY less than I've ever paid for maternity bras so it was a pleasant surprise paying so little ... I'm one cup size smaller now than with my last baby so I had a lot more range to choose from. Most brands don't go above a G or H and the ones that do start at $100.

Interesting that I've now lost 12kg in total and not a gram of that is off my boobs. Grrr.

I got my last lot of bras from eve's gift shop online. I'm a small band large cup so I don't know if they have a good range in band sizes.