Hey there, compared to the Medela symphony I did find it loud and found myself turning the t.v. up. I also know that watching tv or just doing something else is important whilst pumping. I think the Freestyle is probably about as loud as the Medela Swing. I haven't used the Mini or Advanced so can't comment on them. If I wanted to try and muffle the sound a bit more I would sit it on a cushion, or put something like a cushion over the top of the pump. Is the mini a single? If so then the Freestyle or the Advanced gives you double capacity which would reduce the time and the length of time you have to listen to the noise.
Sometimes milk flow is related to the type of pump, possibly the age and condition of valves etc, the level of suction you choose or sometimes it just isn't as effective as BF. It will be hard to know until you've experimented a bit.
I'm glad BF is working out for you, that's great news!!!
Bookmarks