thread: My Breast Friend (breastfeeding pillow)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    Sep 2008
    Melbourne
    3,300

    I have one, I used it probably for about 6 weeks with DD, and found it very good in the early days when she wasn't so big, as she got bigger and we got more BF experience found I didn't need it and could use anything, but in the beginning I did find it useful to get her up to the right height. I have got it out the garage to use it again where necessary with this one (due 5 weeks time). I did find DD used to get excited upon seeing it!

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Mar 2007
    6,979

    I got the Milk Bar feeding pillow however I use a simple U shape pillow more often anyway as it's more comfy!!

    The Milk Bar pillow ended up with me in hossy while in labour and was wonderful to lean against while I pushed

  3. #3
    Registered User

    Jan 2006
    Melbourne
    2,732

    I used the MBF for each of my children and loved it each time. (Mind you I ought a new one for DD because they lose their height after a while).

    I loved it because it straps on and stays in position - there is no need to adjust it an hoik it around while feeding. If you are really tall you might find that having a pillow on your lap and then having the MBF sitting on top of it might help, especially when bub is really small.

    It is also good because you can use two hands to get bub and your breast into a good position for attachment - I found having a stable base for bub to lie on at the correct height made early attachment much simpler to achieve.

    DD is now 8 months old and even though she hangs off the edge of it now I use it at most feeds. I tend to take it when we go out to restaurants cause I can feed her resting the edge of the pillow on the table, leaving me with both hands free to eat

  4. #4
    Registered User

    Aug 2008
    Melbourne
    1,539

    I have one and love it. When at home I use it for every single feed (DS is 6 months) and I even bring it when I go to a friends (if driving - it's pretty big)...haven't taken it to a restaurant but I totally get why you would. DS also is longer than the pillow, but it doesn't matter. It's biggest benefits for me is that it holds DS' weight so I don't have to and it also allows me to have my hands free...whether to stroke his head (which I love) or to straighten up the bench (which I don't love, but multitasking has its benefits). I'm tempted to buy a 2nd cover for it because I put off washing it because I don't' want to be without it even for a single feed. When DS was a newborn, it allowed me to really position my nipple in his mouth and hold my breast to make it as easy as possible for him...it seemed to work.

    oops - allows me to have 1 hand free...1 hand is always on him to make sure he doesn't roll off!