thread: Never realised how little support Id get for bfing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1

    Oct 2005
    A Nestle Free Zone... What about YOU?
    5,374

    I experienced it also with my first. Even from midwives...

    It is so hard to deal with this negativity & I do agree it's largely transference.

    Come in here and know you will be supported. Babies don't magically sleep because of formula. Babies are little people with different needs at different times. Adjusting to this big wide world. Some do it easily & with little "to do". Others need more time, comfort and attention.

    What you are struggling with is what most Mamas have to struggle with - so good on you for flying in the face of those who encourage you not to listen to your inner voice.

    I would just be strong (I was) & smile & say you are "doing what you believe is right for you, your baby and your family. Thankyou though for your input"...

    Big understanding cuddles my love...

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Jan 2005
    Down by the ocean
    6,110

    I know EXACTLY how you feel because I copped it from all angles and family was the worst. The only support I had was from 2 friends who had BF and because I'd seen them do it I was sure I could too.

    Thankfully DS1's weight gain was so good that I just had to keep MIL updated after every visit and it was enough to get her to knock it off. That and expressing out a large 200+mls in front of her when she was babysitting for me when he was 6 weeks old I thought her eyes were going to pop out of her head!

  3. #3
    Registered User

    Dec 2007
    Sunny Qld
    14,682

    Babies don't magically sleep because of formula.
    Yah ain't that the truth. I wish people would stop saying it cos as a FFing mummy it makes me feel like there's something wrong with my children...

    I support BFing mothers cos I wish I could have done it!! So tell em to jam their opinions where the sun don't shine cos its not important anyway