thread: Not sure where to put this...HELP!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    Aug 2010
    Gold Coast
    965

    Thanks for the replies and hugs girls.
    I dforgot to mention I did leave her on Friday night with DH. Her last feed was at 6:30pm and I didn't get back until 11:30. She refused to feed that whole time Apparently she screamed and screamed then went to sleep then woke up and screamed some more. I was upset at DH for not ringing me to tell me because I would've come back.
    I got a call from a job I applied for this afternoon for an interview, but DH got an email about an interview today too so here's hoping I won't have to worry about it!

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Oct 2007
    Middle Victoria
    8,924

    Sounds like my little one. your DH gets the job.

  3. #3
    Registered User

    Sep 2008
    Sydney
    1,413

    My daughter was the same, then I was told to try the brand "mam" and the teats worked, they also fit into avent bottles. They are much softer and thinner.

  4. #4
    Platinum Subscriber

    Apr 2010
    coastside, Vic
    2,172

    My friend had the same situation ( 4mth old, wouldn't take bottle, she was starting full time work in a week), they persevered and persevered the week before she started work and he did begin taking a bottle, he has one bottle, then gets brought into her work for a feed (obviously this won't work for everyone) and she also started him on a little bit of solid food - he's a big buddha so it just gave her hubby something else to give him. She has found it very stressful though.

    Big hugs to you, mine won't even look at a bottle either and well done on exclusive BF. Good luck for DH's job xxxx

  5. #5
    Registered User

    Aug 2010
    Gold Coast
    965

    HotI- lol, they are stubborn aren't they? Thankyou Hun x

    Razzyberry- thanks Hun ill definitely try that, I have avent bottles so that's awesome. Xx

    Saffy- thanks Hun. I'm just so worried she won't take it and I cannot leave her screaming. I just want to keep going with exclusively bf, this is my last bub and the first bub I have been able to bf past 3 months.

    I rang the aba and they said to use a cup or a dippy cup- which i think is a bit ridiculous for a just 4m old. I
    Thanks for the replies and suggestions everyone, really appreciate it xxx

  6. #6
    Registered User

    Oct 2007
    Middle Victoria
    8,924

    An open cup (like a shot glass size) or a spoon can be a way of offering fluids if bub doesn't take a bottle. Babies can 'lap' at the milk a bit like a cat. Sippy cups are tricky for even older babies to learn.