Hi there

I had issues with my supply with my first child and saw a LC, so understand how you are feeling. The nurses and LC asked me how often are you feeding? and suggested in the first weeks every 2-3 hours is best to bring up your supply of your breastmilk. Also expressing after every feed, the expressing action will help with supply. You can also do what they call switch feeding which is 15mins on one breast then 15mins on the other then change nappy then 15mins on one breast then 15mins again on the other breast, this also helped my supply up a bit too. However, in the end my supply was not enough for Julia she didnt put on weight for 4 weeks in a row and as I was unable to take Motullium as it is not good with someone with a history of depression or anxiety to take, I ended up topping Julia up with Formula once a day and still breastfed too.

Now with Tara who is 9 weeks old I have one breast this time that produces 70mls and one that produces only 40mls if lucky but this is at 9 weeks after birth and also is every 2-3 hours. On day 5 in hospital I think I was only getting 20mls out of a breast feeding every 3 hours. May I ask have you been thinking of demand feeding? and also the lactation cookies sound good, I havent trried them but have had friends how have and say they work wonders.

Thinking of you and hope your supply increases..

Bel
xxx