thread: Preservative free, lactose free/ soy cheese and yogurt?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Add CrazyLady on Facebook

    Aug 2009
    2,328

    KMN, funny you should mention gastro and a sensitivity afterwards. If I remember rightly DD had a bit of a tummy bug just prior to me noticing her reaction to milk.......... Might try a small quantity of uht milk and see if a reaction. The lactose free milk is UHT. now you've got me thinking. She definately had a reaction to something in my breast milk while breast feeding though and would vomit FOUNTAINS after a feed. It smelt rancid and burnt my skin where it contacted. felt like acid and left red blotches where it landed. I think I should see the dietician anyway though because I feel like I'm going in blind regarding her diet. been balancing it but I feel DD could eat more of certain things maybe. Probably the best time now to teach her to eat properly.

  2. #2
    BellyBelly Member

    May 2008
    1,110

    Does C cope with cooked milk - like lasagne sauce or that sort of thing? If she does then I think that you may have at least part of the answer - and then she can have dairy if it has been cooked (either as UHT or by you), which gives you a few more options.
    Teaching her to eat well now is an excellent plan - just be prepared for her to sabotage that plan for a while in a few months time. My DS went from an eat-most-things 12 month old to the-only-vege-i-will-eat-is-peas 18 month old and is now slowly returning to a more orthodox diet!
    Last edited by Kmn; May 15th, 2010 at 12:35 PM.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Add CrazyLady on Facebook

    Aug 2009
    2,328

    hmmmm, last thing i made was chocolate custard (was DESPERATE for her to eat with teething). I think she handled it okay. I might have to try it again, well with a healthier option. Oh yeah and i discovered she hates sweets lol! Won't even eat pear because it's too sweet.