Thanks OceanPrincess. Lily has her last breastfeed maybe around 5pm (if she reminds me, sometimes I forget) and then she has dinner with us around 6pm and then into bed around 7pm. I was then feeding her around 8.30pm and she would then sleep through until about 6am. It is a pretty good feed though. Better than her others during the day (as there is much playing to be done LOL). Every now and again she will wake in the night and I will feed her, just so she will go back to sleep easily. As I am only up for about 10-15 mins and she doesn't do it regularly, I don't mind.
I just want to make sure that I am not taking anything away from her, nutrition wise if I give up this feed.
I'm still giving Tom (12 mo) a dream feed at about 10.30pm, but that's only in the pointless hope that he might actually sleep a bit better. (Hardy har har.) If I thought he was sleeping through, I wouldn't bother. Sounds like your bubby is getting lots of nutrition - and if she isn't, she'll let you know by waking up for a nightfeed again. They are pretty good at training parents in what they need
Well Lily has been waking once in the night, anywhere from 2-3am for that feed. But she is also cutting her 3rd bottom teeth AND it has been quite cold, so I don't know if she is waking for the feed or other reasons. I will keep skipping her 8.30pm DF and just see how we go over the next week or so. If she's still waking, I'll go back to giving her the DF and see if she goes back to sleeping through, then I will know for sure.
Bookmarks