Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: STILL won't take a bottle/sippy cup..I'm tired of dumping EMB and expressing...

No luck - so when I have worked mum has brought her up to school for a feed at recess!!
    Am hoping as we introduce more solids that she will take a sippy or straw cup but I've given up on the bottle for good!

You are so lucky to have such a wonderful mum! Good on you mum .

Tan, don't worry, it will work out. Remember she'll be two months older by the start of the next term too! I bet it has felt good getting back to work for the odd spell.

Good on you for doing what works for you two. Great job Tan!!

Well it's taken just under 8mths but we have success!!! Izzy drank 100 mL of milk from a sippy cup with my mum today for the first time!!!!!! Whoohooooooooo!!!!! I actually had a little cry - silly isn't it, I've been wanting this for ages, and need it to work so I can go back to work, and the day is here and I'm a blubbering mess!! Anyway yay for Izzy!!

Also to those still struggling I have to say that starting solids and giving her water was what did it. She used to just chew on the end but I would keep offering it to her and also cupping the water to her - then the other day I put it in her mouth and she closed her mouth around it properly and sucked!!!

YAY FOR IZZY

That's great news Tan I understand your little cry though

Oh Tan, I am so glad it has worked out for you. And don't worry, it'll get easier for you!! I understand your mixed feelings hun. Comes with the territory.

Thumbs up

Ohhh what a relief for you Tan..just makes things a whole lot easier doesn't it..

Yay Izzy! You are such a big girl now!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12