thread: Strangest place to breastfeed.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    Jan 2010
    1,975

    Just took the kids over to the local velodrome to have a ride on their bikes. Few other cyclists on the track, middle aged males. Footy training going on in the middle of the track and a couple of blokes doing their personal training. Miss P was screaming for a feed so I popped her on the boob. Trouble is, DS5 still needs a bit of help starting off on his bike without the training wheels. So there I am, bub on boob, one hand pushing DS along, trying to keep an eye on DD7 so she didn't cause a big stack...

    I tell myself the looks I received from all those blokes was not horror, it was admiration for my multi-tasking!!

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Nov 2006
    brisbane
    3,975

    As soon as the post started coming I thought what an awesome book this would make...if only I had the money to make it happen

  3. #3
    Registered User

    Dec 2006
    In my own private paradise
    15,272

    laying on the grass outside with my daughter taking "self serve" to a whole new level
    lots of pics - none of which i will share (way too many body issues lol)

  4. #4
    Registered User

    Dec 2007
    Taking a ride on my grdonkey :D
    2,716

    These posts are just too awesome I really wish that coffee table book did exist, I'd buy it in a second! Heck, I'd wanna star in it!

    The 'strangest' place I BF'd DD2 was at the checkout at Target - cradling her with one hand while swiping my card and entering my PIN, then gathering up my shopping bags - the poor teenage assistant didn't know what to do! I'd been trying on clothes and I think DD2 had smelled boobies when I was getting changed, she woke up and I thought, 'Ahh the heck with it!' and kept going about my business because I was in a hurry

    Her last-ever BF ( ) was in an emergency stopping bay on the Gateway in Brisbane We were heading for the Gold Coast and been on the road all day (thanks, GPS, for giving us the 'quickest route' through the back of bloody nowhere - gravel roads and stray cows meant it took us sooo much longer as we couldn't get faster than 40k/h!), DD2 started wailing in the back seat and I realised we weren't going to make the motel for at least another 3/4 hour, and she was mix-feeding (weaning) at the time but her bottles were in an esky and she wouldn't take one cold... 'Just find an exit or breakdown stop and get off, she wants it and she wants it NOW!'
    It was pretty terrifying with all the traffic flying past at 140+k/h, I was sooo scared some idiot would plough into us, but despite all the noise and heat and stress, DD2 fed great, fell asleep and we got back on the road