thread: tell me about "dream feeding"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    Jul 2010
    Melbourne
    2,737

    HotI, that's what takes so long sometimes. It's still taking me 40 minutes just to feed and then she's wide awake most times so i play for a while and then finally put her down. And then it starts again in an hour lol

    I might start doing it in the next few weeks...give it a try. At the moment she is feeding around 3:30, 6:30, 9:30 and then 12-1. So I would feed at say 10:30? And hopefully shed sleep till when? 3am?

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Jul 2006
    Melbourne
    4,895

    HotI, that's what takes so long sometimes. It's still taking me 40 minutes just to feed and then she's wide awake most times so i play for a while and then finally put her down. And then it starts again in an hour lol

    I might start doing it in the next few weeks...give it a try. At the moment she is feeding around 3:30, 6:30, 9:30 and then 12-1. So I would feed at say 10:30? And hopefully shed sleep till when? 3am?
    I'd stop playing at the night feed, including the 6.30 one so she starts to realize its sleep time. For that feed, just prior we started a bedtime routine, so bath, massage, feed then bed. Dim lights, minimal interaction etc... I also never chatted, had bright lights, unwrapped , anything really to rouse my DD out of her sleepy state when she woke for feeds during night times/overnight. Try the rollover feed tonight about 11 as i think at 10.30 it will be too close to the 9.30 feed. Are you waking her for the 9.30 feed? If so, then I'd push her out to 10/10.30pm and do it as a dreamfeed - so don't wake, just attach her on.