thread: Tender breasts.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    Jan 2011
    Perth
    3,268

    Hmm I think it's normal if there's no pain aside from when you squish them, and no redness on the skin. I imagine at 3.5 weeks into your BF journey your breasts would still be feeling pretty full, not engorged but full. That's normal.

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Jul 2006
    Melbourne
    4,895

    Yeah, sounds very normal. I couldn't lay on my side/tummy when breastfeeding as it was too uncomfortable. Overnight if Miss K didn't wake 3-4 hourly for feeds they would get really full & hard, almost engorged and when she did feed it was painful. 3.5 weeks is still very new when bf, it took close to 6 weeks for my boobs to settle down but even still after that time I had some issues such as leaking or getting full if Miss K didn't feed as often as she usually would. Definatley keep an eye on your breasts though, as Ladylove said as long as there is no redness, discharge etc... then it should be 'normal'. Anything out of the ordinary could suggest something else.

  3. #3
    Registered User

    Jul 2010
    Melbourne
    2,737

    Thanks ladies. No redness or anything unusual, just tender.

  4. #4
    Registered User

    Jan 2011
    2,075

    How are you feeling besides the tenderness? Any headache or achey bones?