Thread: TMI-question about nipple piercings and bfeeding

Question TMI-question about nipple piercings and bfeeding

I had a nipple piercing which I removed a few months before I fell pregnant. Im pretty sure most of the hole has closed up but occasionally I get some puss (i know how gross!) coming out of one end.

It is still happening now, although rare, and is definitely not colostrum as mine is clear and the puss is bright yellow.

Sometimes the yellow comes out of my nipple where the colostrum does too.

I guess my question is...is this a problem? What happens if my bub gets some puss?

im so sorry, its gross, but i cant ask my doc

yeah i thought it was an infection, but there is no pain, swelling, redness or anything like that.

I remember when I took my belly piercing out it occasionally had puss on and off for years too

I actually have this where i had my second lot of ear piercings and they are not infected but noone has any idea why it does this. But i would still gt it checked out if it were me.

Danni, you would be surprised about how unflapped the doctor would be - trust me they deal with far grosser areas of the body than nipples!! Doctors deal with body piercings all the time. Maybe ask at the place you had it done if they know any good GPs who are piercing-sympathetic and go and see them.

I think you really need to get this checked out for your own peace of mind. Better to deal with now rather than waiting until you are in the throes of trying to establish your lactation (those first few weeks can be tricky and you don't want something like this to derail your attempts).

Danny,
    If I squeezed my nipples when I was pregnant with DD, I would get a bright yellow discharge coming out too. My nipples were never pierced, I ask my Doc about it and she said it was my colostrum, so maybe it comes in diluted and an undiluted form IYKWIM, as sometimes mine would seem to be more watery as well. But I would definately get it checked out if it bothers you still.