thread: Upset gut question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    Nov 2007
    Cocooned in the love of my family!
    1,259

    Hmmm, I'd probably go to the doc and get her checked out - make sure it isn't a blockage or twisted bowel. It does sound kind of strange.

    Otherwise dietwise, the only thing I was ever told to avoid when DS had an upset tummy was dairy as the enzyme in that is the hardest for them to process. I had to go off it for 2 weeks.

    But really, I'd get it checked out medically first. Especially as she is so young. BF babies can go for ages without poo - my DS used to go for 7 days, we had what was known as 'Poo Sunday'!! But that didn't start until he was a bit older than your DD.

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Nov 2005
    Where the heart is
    4,360

    I had a lovely bath with her last night and she was so settled afterwards. Once she's in the sling she's ok - she's just protesting when she first goes in, which is unlike her.
    I'm giving her one more chamberpot session and if there's more of the same, then I'm making an appointment, just to be sure. It's the only time she's screaming - not during feeds, not any other time. She's ok with farting - she couldn't be from this family without being comfy with farting
    I've just had a green tea, but for some reason didn't think of chamomile! Will get me some today (I'm out of it at home).
    She's sleeping now and has been for more than an hour. It's not ongoing pain, it just seems to be when she's expecting to do a poo and nothing comes out.

  3. #3
    Registered User

    Jan 2009
    hiding under my desk!
    1,432

    would a probiotic work do you think?

    not sure if it goes through the milk but it may

  4. #4
    Registered User

    Dec 2005
    In Bankworld with Barbara
    14,222

    I was going to suggest a probiotic as well. Even though you've not had a problem with diet and bf before, doesn't mean that it will always be like that kwim? DD is a different child to DS and what didn't affect him may affect her. Or maybe you could try some osteo or bowen with her? Maybe something isn't quite aligned and it is causing her to be uncomfortable.

  5. #5
    Registered User

    Nov 2005
    Where the heart is
    4,360

    Thought about osteo, thanks, Trill! Will also give a probiotic a go
    Thanks again, people