Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What was the Activite recipe for boosting supply

Default What was the Activite recipe for boosting supply

Hi Girls,

I've got a gf who is breastfeeding her son and he's 3 months old. She is really doubting her supply even though I reassure her that it's probably fine.

Anyway, I remember seeing a recipe thing on here about Activite to help boost your supply. If anyone knows what it was can you please let me know so I can tell her.

TIA

Trish, I make it weekly (probably why my butt is big!)

It's 1litre of low fat milk (well i use low fat)
    1 cup of Aktavite & 1 cup of skim milk powder... Blended together..

I make it up usually on a Wednesday morning & have big glasses throughout the day & until its' all gone sometimes over 2 days but it is yummy too so I have had it all in a day b4 too!

Also plenty of water!!!!

Thanks for that Tracey. Much appreciated

Yep, thats the recipe Kerry (jo) posted.
    Be warned though, the "lots of water" recommendation is a good one, as it may make you a tad constipated.

Thanks for that Rachel. I have told her, but.... seems to be falling on deaf ears LOL. She got some Fenogreek tablets so hopefully they help her too.

Fletch, maybe you need to copy it and save it on your puter

I really notice a boost in my supply after drinking it, got my bottle in with me today... I really like drinking it too & it peps up my energy levels a little!!!

Yep Kerry (JO) posted it a year or so ago I think From her nana.....

Thanks to them!!!!!

Charli, I found it stocked in both Woolworths and Coles. It's in the same aisle as Milo and Quik and is in an orange tin. Hope that you can find it up there.

Hey Charli,

If you can't find it still, I can send you some if you like?

Hi,

Just wanted to add that all the women of Morocco swear by fenugreek,When i was there with Dh his family made me a Moroccan dish with fenegreek in it and told me to eat it at the end of my pregnancy,well it worked because i was told by the nurse in maternity that i had more milk than any other mother on the ward!!,shame i couldnt breasfeed bubs because of inverted nipples.
    Anyway what the Moroccan women do while they breastfeed is they boil some fenugreek and add suger and drink it like tea,it dosnt taste too bad either,but make surethat you dont boil it for too long as it has a very strong flavour and can be overpowering.But you can really make it up however you wish ,it also has other benifits as well one of them being if you have excess gas or any stomach pain it really helps with it.

never hurt to try!!!
    Last edited by rurumummy; August 5th, 2006 at 11:04 AM.

Hi,

charli,its looks like little brown pebbles,you cant actually eat them but you boil them and you use the water in food or drink it as tea,then you discard the actual stones,they are used more as a infusion.i dont know where you buy them from,but i usually get them at a middle eastern grocer,if you buy it from there they might be written in arabic and it will say Helba ,because thats what its called in arabic.Maybe you can get it at a health food shop as well.

You can buy Fenugreek capsules from the health food store. I used to take one capsule 3 times a day when bfing Blake. It did make a difference.

Hi

I went to a lactation consultant and she suggested Fenugreek to increase my supply, however when I went to the health food store the girl there said its used to dry up you milk! After reading previous posts and talking to the LC I'm thinking the girl at the HF store didn't really know what she was talking about, but has anyone else heard this? The last thing I want is my milk drying up so I'm a little reluctant to try it incase.

The girl obviously had it wrong!!

I went to a little health food shop i& this little crumpled up elderly man asked if he could help me & I asked for Fenugreek capsules, he smiled & said 'Breastfeeding are you?" I said yes & he said, I am gald some ladies still make time for breastfeeding these days, he went on to tell me his whole life history of how his wife fed their 4 sons til they self weaned at various ages & she took fenugreek etc etc & he gave them to me for 50% of the marked proce coz he said I had a cut baby!!! hee hee
    It definately HELPS & didnt dry me up!!! I am still feeding!!!

Thanks Tracey, I thought that might be the case. LOL @ the elderly man ...how funny telling you his life story......Indah is gorgeous any wonder he gave it to you half price!!

Thanks again, I will give them a go....although I have been able to feed Jayden without a problem for the last 2 days now so maybe expressing is helping now. Least I know they work

oxoxox

Not that my supply is really low, but I have noticed that supply is less in the afternoon, very normal I know, but I have worried it is too low as bub is constatly attached for a couple of hours, has a little break and back on again for another couple so I tried this recipe over the weekend (Sunday) and wow what a difference this really worked for me. I woke up this morning leaking and full and this afternoon I feel that I have had ample supply, huh, who would have thought. Thanks for posting this because if you didn't then I wouldn't have known about it.

Hmm mine has been dropping off too, probably because Tehya tends to prefer the bottle during the day now, except for nap times. Maybe I should give it a go but I really don't like the taste of Activite.

Dee I found the same within a few days I was squirting all over the place again...
    Funny how us leaking makes us content to know we have enough (when really we probably do have enough the whole time!)

Happy feeding!!

GHive it a go Trish, if nothing else you'll have ample bosoms!! hee hee!

Tracey, hehe they sure do need some filling out. Nothing like a cheap boob job

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast