Thread: What do you use to puree food?

Peach Guest

Default What do you use to puree food?

Today I went out and bought a Sunbeam Stick Mix Pro. Has anyone else got one of these? Before I open it I want to make sure I have got the right thing! What does everyone use to puree their food?
    TIA
    Jen

Runs to the cupboard to check......

Yep I've got that one - chose it 'cause the shaft is all metal (my old one was plastic & cracked) I like it - it worked well pureeing DS food when he was younger and its great to do soups.

Peach Guest

Thanks so much for checking! I think I'll go open it up and give it a go! *now wants to puree everything in the cupboard! *

vidots Guest

Hubby bought me one for christmas and I find its great to puree my bubbas food, she loves the texture...also I agree with Malakili, the plastic ones crack

Hi,

The kids love banana and mango smoothies - bananas, mangos, yoghurt and milk - wizzed up in a few seconds with one of those things.
    But for baby's food......a fork- just barely mashed. Or, whole chunks of food - they love things they can feed themselves. puree not necessary....

Barb

We have that one too! I love it. Not to big, not too little. I use it for everything.

I use a good old fashioned fork , or a siv....

I use a fork

Peach Guest

After showing DH what I got he said it was a bit of a waste because she'll only need it pureed for a few months then she'll be eating what we eat .. so I returned it before opening it and they let me exchange it. I ended up getting a food processor with a blender attachment aswell so I can use it in the kitchen above and beyond the baby years!

I have tried to just mash with a fork but ?Kenzie hates the lumps she only will eat it if its all smooth (like the jars) I am slowly going to introduce thicker and lumpier consistency ... but for the moment I'll be happy if she just eats some veges! Its a battle

Jen - try the fork first to break it down a bit, then the back of a spoon to really get it fine. What I did initially was mash with a fork and then freeze the portions, when I reheated them, I'd use the spoon. The freezing after cooking and subsequent reheating really breaks down fibres and helps get everything smooth.

Good luck!

Peach Guest

Well guess what .. I opened my new food processor and the base of it was cracked near the cord! .. So another trip back to the shop! UGH! I just got my money back because I've had enough! So I'm going to try the good old fork and see how it goes with freezing it and then reheating thanks for that tip Kazbah & Starfish What about meat how to you get meat smooth enough just use mince??
    Jen

I bought one of those cheap rocket blenders, does the job. I have an old stick blender, thinks it a braun brand, its plastic, it does the job but I think a full metal one would be better

When we got married someone gave be a Braun set. It's got the stick blender the food processor and the herb chopper. Well it's on of THE most used items in my kitchen, and turned out the herb chopper was great for baby food.
    However woudln't have gone and bought one though for that purpose only. I was a fork girl too very quickly.

I use a metal Breville stick blender. I actually bought it a few years ago to make soaps and moisturisers with, but it works well for baby food too.

I used my food processor and still do when I make HUGE batches of food for him. I just do a quick whiz though to kinda break it down into smaller bits for him. He eats chunky stuff really well now though so I don't really have to do it so much anymore.

I just use a slender blender thing to begin with then a fork..