thread: When did you stop feeding (breast) your baby overnight?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Add Dragonbub on Facebook

    Feb 2006
    Perth WA
    900

    DS stopped at 12 weeks when he slept through, but took them up again at 6 months through to about 12 months. But then it was only once and he went straight back to sleep again. TBH I really loved that time of the night when it was just the two of us snuggled up together.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Add Marlene on Facebook

    Jul 2007
    Dapto, Illawarra...NSW
    2,009

    My DS is 9 months and still has one "real" feed during the night and sometimes a couple more to settle. (don't get much sleep in this house).

  3. #3
    Registered User

    Jul 2005
    Sydney
    7,896

    My DD 'stopped' bfing overnight quite young, less than 6 mths. She then started again at about 14-16 mths and didn't 'stop' for a few months. In the end, as she was doing it out of habit and hadn't done it for so long (which was playing havoc with my sleep since I had to work some days!), I introduced a cup of water instead and if that distracted her, she wouldn't have a bf. Once she was taking that the majority of the time I got a bit firmer and wouldn't let her, but she was well and truly approaching 2 by this stage.

  4. #4
    BellyBelly Life Subscriber

    Jun 2005
    Blue Mountains
    5,086

    15 months for DS, and I weaned him off the night feeds by offering water instead. I mainly did it because I was pregnant.

    DD is still feeding through the night.. full on feeds. Am thinking about offering water soon to see if I can wean her off the night feeds.

  5. #5
    Registered User

    Jan 2007
    Sydney
    908

    I think DS was about 9 months when got rid of the night feeds. I did it by progressively pushing back the time I would give him a night feed (eg. I wouldn't give him a feed before 2am, then a week later I wouldn't give him a feed before 3am, then a week later I wouldn't give him a feed before 4am, etc). I got DH to resettle him with a bottle of water & cuddles, no boob.