Thread: When to stop sterilising?

Default When to stop sterilising?

Hey guys,

I am very slowly introducing solids to little miss, with her being 4 months now. I am giving her the tiniest amount of baby porridge with some EBM. I am just wondering if I should still be sterilising my pump and bottles? I'm doing it but it seems kind of pointless considering everything she can get her hands on right now goes right in her mouth.

When is it ok to stop sterilising?

Thanks
    Sue x

You actually don't have to sterilise equipment used for breast milk as it doesn't contain the bacteria that formula can develop. Just wash well in hot soapy water and air dry

OMG, really??????
    Hahaa, I've been sterilising the stuff the whole time! How annoying. Bubby used to take EBM when I was having issues in the early days, now she won't take a bottle at all - whole other post LOL. Boobie is where it's at!

Thanks babe!
    Sue x

Oh I know, I slapped myself when I found that out. Soooo much wasted time. Now you know.

I opened this thinking, "oh no - I haven't sterilised anything!!". Thanks for putting my mind at rest Marcellus!
    I figured my nipple & fingers aren't sterilised, so as long as it's been cleaned well, why go to the effort?

Ugh, the time I wasted sterilising in the early days...... bahhh!

Sue x