thread: Yakult for a 1 year old

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    Feb 2008
    Country Victoria
    5,945

    First of all... Happy Birthday to your little man!!! (for yesterday)

    Nay from me aswell. I looked into it once for DD and decided after some research it was probably going to do her more harm than good. HTH

    I agree with Pandora, check with your GP (MCHN) or even the health food shop and see what they suggest?

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Dec 2005
    In Bankworld with Barbara
    14,222

    There is one I use for the kids and it can be added to water juice or food. As pandora said, it is high in sugar so it would be best to look at an alternative source if you didn't want him to have probiotics directly. Jalna is a good one as is vaalia - they also have the pouches of yoghurt which are great for little ones to eat.

  3. #3
    Registered User

    Sep 2008
    Gold Coast
    1,153

    First of all... Happy Birthday to your little man!!! (for yesterday)
    Awww thanlyou so much. xxx

    Ok, will check with my GP
    Maybe i will just try a different yoghurt.
    Thankyou.

  4. #4
    Registered User

    Jul 2007
    Glenroy
    1,458

    I get a chewable probiotic from chemist's warehouse for my 2 (I think it's called tummy time?). It's flavoured with natural strawberry and they luuurve it.
    GL

  5. #5
    ♥ BellyBelly's Creator ♥
    Add BellyBelly on Facebook Follow BellyBelly On Twitter

    Feb 2003
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    8,982

    Yup too much sugar. Try Fast Tract, it's organic, safe for babies and the whole family and made from fruits & veg not faecal matter like some brands. Also has loads of different strains of pro-biotics, not just one or two like most commercial brands.
    Kelly xx

    Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    In 2015 I went Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team