thread: Am I the only one?

Apr 2008
    Adelaide

Am I the only one?

I feel terrible but ATM when I am feeding DD3, DD1 wants to lie all over me and snuggle up to me and its really driving me batty. We have cuddles when Im not feeding which are lovely but when Im feeding DD3 and she is all over me it makes my stomach turn and then I feel guilty that I can't stand DD1 touching me when she is only being affectionate. I have had to tell her a few times to move away a bit when feeding. I feel like the worst Mum

does anyone else ever feel like this?

Jun 2009
    vic

No I'd say not. I'm tandem feeding however when feeding DS I really don't like feeding DD at the same time and have yelled at her to get off on occasions because I just don't like the feeling and I feel really bad then too cod the poor thing jumps off in a hurry. I don't mind feeding her by herself though. So from my point of view it's a normal feeling

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Jan 2006

Nah! Sometimes it's all just too much touching!
    Hope you can find something else for her to do when you're feeding

Jul 2007
    melb

I get like this DS1 only weaned a few weeks ago yet still puts hand down my top when ever he gets near enough and always wants to sit on me or next to me or touching me. DS2 is still BF and when not having a feed has hand down top and wants to be on me all the time.

I often yell just leave me alone and don't touch me! I feel awful when they are just being loving and affectionate but it all gets too much sometimes!

You were RAK'ed in 2015.
    Add beansbeans! on Facebook

May 2008
    with the fairies and butterflies

I can totally relate. When Im feeding DD3 I cannot have anyone sitting near me or touching me. Not even DH. I can sit and chat and play along with their games, but I can do cuddles, or anything that requires touching. It feels the similar to you, and the girls are slowly learning to watch our space when Im feeding.
    Unfortunately Ive had the same issues with all three girls. I just cant be touched when feeding them.
    You arent the worst mum though, sometimes we need our space to do what we need to do.

Life Subscriber

Jul 2006
    Brisbane

I'd say you're pretty normal hun. Could you try explaining to her that feeding time is your special one on one time with her sister, and she can have her turn when you're finished? Having special activities or treats for when your feeding can work well too.

Apr 2008
    Adelaide

thanks everyone. Today was better as bubs wasn't as demanding and I could give my bigger girls some extra attention, then DD1 didnt seem to need to be all over me when I was feeding DD3.