Thread: Breasts question

Default Breasts question

Not sure how to put this girls!
    A month or two ago I night weaned DS & I'm a bit concerned that my breasts didn't have to adjust, so to speak. They weren't sore or leaking, I didn't have to express for comfort, it was like I'd never fed at night.
    DS was recently sick & didn't have any breastmilk for almost 2 days. Again, no issues.
    On holidays a couple of weeks ago I started night feeding DS again as he wasn't coping with the strange environment. On our return home he stopped night feeding & once again there was no excess milk.
    I'm worried I'm not making any millk! It's just I hear friends complaining of being so sore if they miss a feed or leave bubs for the day, just wondering why that's not an issue for me?

something i have recently learnt is the body makes it when u need it maybe thats why, we are all different so this may be the case

This eventually happens, earlier for some than others cause everyone is different, but as long as its not days and days, there will always be milk there. Its like they get to the point when bf becomes on and off, or only a couple of times or even once a day, that they decide to do complete supply and demand and replace whats taken and wait for the next feed.

I to was in shock when it happened, I was a bridesmaid and didn't feed all day and that night I had my pump waiting in ready to relieve them and I didn't have to, DD1 was only 7 months but only had maybe 2 small feeds a day (plus 1 bottle). Then when she started decided she didn't want feeds I was worried there wasn't going to be there when she did, but it always was.

For most of the time we are feeding our breasts just feel pretty soft and normal - we wouldn't really know that there was anything going on in there! In the early days/weeks most mothers relatively oversupply so mothers can feel full much of the time (or not - it's different for everyone) but when things settle down your body pretty much just makes what your baby needs - a very efficient sytem.

I am the same - recently stopped night feeding and no leakage etc at all... (and i have always had v abundant supply)
    I also used to express at work 1-2 times per day - now that J has cows milk at creche i have stopped this, maybe got full the first day or so but no issues since then...
    I guess it is normal, he feeds quite abit when he is with me - a couple in the day and seems to get milk... so i guess my body/nature just has it sorted...

Thanks everyone for your quick replies & reassurance
    I feel better now!

Sounds like your breasts are very efficient!

good work! DD2 is 12 months old and I still get full and have to express every now and then if I haven't fed her. I can do an all day or all night without feeding but if she has a sleep over with a nanna then I need to express! I also still leak fairly often but it sounds like your BB's are the norm and mine are just a little over exited still