Thread: laxatives when breastfeeding

Default laxatives when breastfeeding

i have some herron sennesoft laxatives and i was wondering if i could take them while breastfeeding? am taking agarol and its not working
    so hope i can take them as i cant get in2 the docs till nxt week and cannot handle another painful trip to the toilet hehe

I am not sure but whenever I have a question about medication I call my local chemist who tell me everything I need to know. Otherwise you can try calling the company (generally there will be a number on the label).Or if you are still in doubt you could try the poisons line as a last resort.
    HTH

I'm not sure what's in the herron ones, so I'm not sure. But you can definitely take Coloxyl with Senna - they gave it to me in hospital after DS was born. HTH

Try calling the ABA's helpline, they might be able to advise you on medication and bfing. I'm sure there's a proper number for this but can't recall it atm.

Not sure where you are but if you go to Australian Breastfeeding Association there is a link to the helpline number in your state from the home page.

thanks everyone! its a natural laxative and it has sennosides, senna leaf powder and docusate sodium

Jess, I checked the coloxyl bottle & it's got docusate sodium & sennosides - sounds pretty similar!

well i will try just 1 tablet 2night then ! thanks!

I think the number Jennifer is talking about is "Mothersafe" at Royal Hospital for women. They advise on medications. Number is 9382 6539 in Sydney Metro, or 1800 647 848 outside sydney metro.